Neurofeedback is an amazing tool to train and improve your brain function. It can help with anxiety, ADHD, depression, sleep issues, concussions, and more. I have even used neurofeedback to help couples improve their ability to communication during couple’s therapy. Traditionally, neurofeedback training was only offered in an office with a live clinician monitoring your session. Thanks to advances in technology, it can now be offered remotely in the comfort and safety of your own home.
- In-Home Neurofeedback is more convenient and affordable than office training
- Follow the right steps to set up your new system
Learn common placements for electrode sites
Proper Configuration For Home-Based Neurofeedback
Before starting any neurofeedback training, it is important to have a brain map to determine what areas of your brain are strong, which ones need support, and how to properly train them. You can reach more about the benefits and use of qEEG Brain Mapping here.
To set up your new home-based eeg-biofeedback system, please follow these steps:
- Download the Myndlift app on your phone or tablet
- Login to Myndlift using your email address and temporary password that you received from our office.
- Follow the onscreen prompts and watch the overview videos and tutorials the first time you login to Myndlift
- Under “more” in the bottom right corner, you can adjust training preferences such as volume and screen brightness.
- Use the “session” tab on the bottom left to view your protocol for the day.
- When you are ready, set up the Muse headband, place the electrode in the appropriate location using a little ten20 paste, turn on your head set, and then click “start” in the “session” tab.
- Your device will connect via Bluetooth to the headband, and then it will calibrate the signal. Please sit still during the calibration.
- Select your preferred training screen when ready. Make sure to use the audio category if doing an eyes closed training.
- After your training, you can review your stats for the session and compare previous sessions.
- To properly clean the system after use, wipe the inside of the headband with a damp cloth and use a q-tip or tissue to remove most of the paste from the electrode. You can then dip or run warm water over the electrode to clean it fully.
Need Technical Support?
Remember, if you run into any technical issues during your training, please contact Myndlift tech support using the icon in the top right corner of the app. You can also click here to schedule a support session with a Myndlift representative. Enjoy your home training!
Start Improving Your Brain Today
Want to start in-home neurofeedback for you or your family? Schedule a free consultation with Dr H today to learn more.